WTS: Fitness Experts
WTS Fitness Services
As a full-service fitness, wellness and spa consultant, WTS develops feasibility studies which assist our clients in making the most informed decisions regarding the development and level of sophistication of their fitness/wellness and spa facilities.
Feasibility studies include:
• Market and demographic evaluation
• Competitive analysis
• Space plan recommendations
• Fitness and wellness menu and program recommendations
• Marketing and promotion recommendations
• Complete financial analysis with all assumptions
To ensure that our clients receive the highest return on their investment, the WTS design team stays abreast of the top trends within the fitness and wellness industry. Whether it’s allocating the proper space, providing the right equipment recommendations or fixtures and finishes, WTS has experience in working extensively with architecture and interior design firms and equipment companies throughout the world. Our goal is develop the most aesthetically pleasing, custom-designed, functional and cost-effective space that fits your specific needs. We also maintain strategic partnerships with quality vendors, and we offer our clients special pricing through the WTS “Preferred Vendor Program.”
Planning and design consultation includes:
• Conceptual and strategic planning
• Space program development
• Equipment specifications and layout
• Millwork and cabinetry recommendations
• Locker room design
• Reception and retail layout
• Spa design
• Data processing
• Input in all other areas pertaining to design
Creating an internal brand for your fitness or wellness facility can be a significant and delineative feature for your property. This is particularly advantageous should you decide to develop multiple sites for your fitness/wellness complex where a brand can make a difference in providing consumer recognition, cache and positive media/press. However, it can also be beneficial to consider bringing an appropriate brand already in existence to the table for your site. WTS has wide experience in creating concepts and brands for our clients and also in sourcing and selecting the most appropriate existing brands for our client’s consideration. Our goal is to assist in distinguishing your facility from competition and to enhance your guest and member experience through an effective internal or external branding process.
WTS screens and interviews over 1,000 applicants annually for positions within our firm and in the fitness/wellness, spa and leisure industries. We provide our clients with the right talent and “fit” to match your facility needs and requirements.
WTS can source and select the following fitness/wellness facility positions:
• Fitness/Wellness and Spa Directors
• Operations Managers
• Assistant Directors
• Marketing Sales Directors
• Membership Sales Personnel
• Program Directors
• All other key management staff, service providers and class instructors
Planning and preparation are crucial to the successful opening of your leisure facility. With WTS International’s extensive experience, we can ensure a smooth pre-opening process.
WTS pre-opening services include:
• Timeline development
• Selection and training of all key management and support staff
• Creation of the entire programming and services menu
• Retail product selection and merchandising plan
• Financial projections including all revenue and expense assumptions
• Standard Operating Procedures and protocols
• Strategic marketing and membership sales plan
• Preparation for Soft and Grand Openings
* All other pre-opening steps as may be required to launch a successful opening
WTS provides turnkey, daily operations and management services for fitness/wellness and spa facilities worldwide. These services are provided for clients which include hotels and resorts, free-standing athletic complexes, residential developments, corporate worksite/office projects, golf and country clubs and real estate developments of all types.
WTS operational and management services include the following:
• Consistent staff supervision and continuous training
• Systems development
• Creative fitness and wellness programs and events
• Product selection, retail merchandising and display
• Marketing and sales
• Promotions which will significantly increase revenue and bottom line
• Consistent facility maintenance
• Turnkey financial management
• Memorable experiences for members and guests
• Supervision of all aspects of daily operations for the facility
It depends on a variety of factors. In many cases, a fitness or wellness center is viewed by an owner or developer exclusively as an amenity for the property. In those cases, WTS will assist in determining the proper, scope and layout for the center. However, if the facility is commercial or “for profit,” WTS provides feasibility studies that evaluate those factors that need to be considered prior to design and development. A demographic analysis, space program, financial pro forma, capital requirement analysis and Return on Investment (ROI) calculation is provided as part of the study.
What are the advantages of having a fitness or wellness center?
Fitness and/or wellness centers are vital to attracting and retaining members, guests, residents and staff. Fitness and wellness facilities also promote a healthy lifestyle and culture; thus, by including a facility of this type, it will typically be viewed as a positive contribution by the owner or developer regarding the quality of life for individuals and families residing or working at the site. Fitness or wellness centers can also be highly profitable if designed, promoted and operated correctly.
Does WTS offer design, equipment purchasing and pre-opening services?
Yes, WTS is a full service fitness/wellness and spa company that offers all services required to design, develop and operate a fitness or wellness center. The WTS Design Studio has complete design capabilities, and through our proprietary Preferred Vendor program, we can provide our clients with the best fitness, spa and wellness equipment at the lowest prices. In the planning and design process, our Design Studio is intimately involved from conceptual design to schematic to design development through construction drawings. We have worked with well over 100 architecture and interior design firms throughout the world.
Does WTS offer membership sales and promotion services for fitness and wellness facilities?
We have been very successful over time in creating and executing membership and sales programs and promotions which have stimulated an increase in individual and group membership sales. These services are part of our pre-opening and management services for these types of facilities.